Sunday 24 June 2012

Glad Midsommer!

Picture from Scandinavian Kitchen

Happy Midsummer everyone!
Yesterday my good friend Lisa and I went on a daytrip to London, for me this meant an opportunity to go on a bit of a Scandi pilgrimage, with trips to Scandinavian Kitchen and the Nordic Bakery, not to mention lots of lovely interior shops full of Marimekko and Iittala goodness! 

If you're in London and in need of lunch I most heartily recommend Scandinavian Kitchen.  I had a lovely 3 piece Smorgasboard, with a cheese and radish open sandwich, dill new potatoes and carrot and courgette salad - it was so good I ate it straight away, forgetting to take a photo, which is pretty unheard of for me!  They also have an excellent little grocery shop in the cafe for all your cheese, crispbread and licorice needs. 

Yesterday for Midsommar they were doing takeaway picnic boxes to take to the Swedish picnic, we didn't go but the atmosphere in the cafe was so jolly, full of ladies (and the odd man!) with flower wreaths in their hair, and people singing "Snapsvisor" (Swedish Midsummer drinking songs).  

Here's how I celebrated Midsummer last year in our wee flat.



Hope everyone's had a lovely weekend. x.




No comments:

Post a Comment