Sunday 18 March 2012

Sunday Blue Skies




Finally some sunshine! It's  been a grim week, mainly for reasons other than the weather, but oh the weather sure hasn't helped!  Never ending greyness somewhere between mist and drizzle, it really kept my spirits low.  But the weekend has been a nice break and finally this afernoon the sun came out and the skies were blue. 

I have acquired a good haul this weekend, a pretty juice glass and some Swedish sweets from my friend , plants and Swedish cake from Ikea (along with my regular purchases of coffee and jam!), 2 new coffee pots (for his and hers caff and de-caff), seeds for the garden and all manner of cat paraphanalia, some of which can be seen above.

Why cat paraphanalia I hear you ask?  Well because on Wednesday we are going to meet this little lady, and hopefully take her home with us...


It's been a long long long wait for cat ownership, but now we are no longer in a top floor flat the conditions are finally right.  I do so hope we like each other.  Times have been a bit hard lately and the therapeutic power of a warm, purring creature just cannot be beaten!

Right now I'm off to make a nice dinner for my dearest other half who has been away for the weekend, the plan is stuffed portobella mushrooms followed by 'self saucing' chocolate pudding, I might even crack out the candles and table cloth.

Sarah x

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie, I'm sure you'll get on famously :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie, I'll keep you updated. Bet it's nice being back with Poppy-cat! x

      Delete